Snow Forecast and Snow Depth Map Resources for New Jersey and the Northeast.
Find snow to play in, or where to avoid it…
Note!!! Many parks are closed while snow is cleared from roads and parking lots, best bet is to check the State Parks Facebook or individual park’s Facebook page for status.
3/4/19: Snow totals
1/29/19: Snow totals
1/13/19: “Snow totals could hit 8 inches in parts of South Jersey”
12/5/18: Highest Snow totals, for the Atlantic/Cumberland/Ocean/Cape May storm.
11/15/18: Snow totals, by county. High Point reporting 12″, Worthington 7.5″, Round Valley open for sledding.
New Jersey and the Northeast:
- NJ Snow Depth – shaded map
- Snow Depth Model Charts for NJ – Click for US, Euro etc models (weather.us)
- NJ Snowfall/Snow Depth (NOAA, daily, by city)
- NJ Storm Totals Forecast – map (NWS)
- NJ Snow Depth Forecast (hover over “Snow Amount”)
- NJ Snow Depth Forecast (select “Snow Amount” in drop-down)
- Northeast Snow Depth Map (NOHRSC. All but southernmost NJ)
New Jersey Forecasts/Maps/Updates via Social Media:
- NJ State Parks & Forests Closures – FB
- NWS Mount Holly – FB / TW
- NJ Weather Blogs – TW
- Weather NJ – FB / TW
Smartphone Apps with Snow Depth:
- Weather Channel – Map overlay shows past 24 hr and future 48-hour snowfall
U.S. Snow Depth Maps:
- National Snow Maps (NOAA)
- Snow and Ice resources (NOAA)
- Snow Depth – U.S. (weatherstreet)
- Snow Information Page (NWS)
- Winter Storm Tracker – 2 Day Snowfall Forecast (weather.com)
- Winter Storm Central (weather.com)
- Winter Weather Center (Accuweather)