Condition reports and resources for hiking trails in New Jersey and the surrounding area.
Hiking trails can change due to damage from storms or flooding. We’ve gathered some resources that list conditions as well as closures for major trails and parks.
This page is for reference only. Trail situations should be reported to the individual park office directly, or the NY-NJ Trail Conference.
We’ve attempted to have the most current info here, but the best course is to check the park’s site before heading out.
NY-NJ Trail Conference
- Trail Conditions Forums – recent trail conditions for trails that are maintained by the conference.
- NY-NJ TC Facebook page
New Jersey State Parks
- NJ State Park Advisories – The NJ Parks and Forestry page lists individual park advisories. Check this for the latest updates.
- New Jersey State Parks Facebook page
Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
- 4/30/2018: Storms in March 2018 caused damage to trails. Some remain closed, be sure to check these pages before heading out:
- List of OPEN/CLOSED trails.
- General list of Area and Road Closures
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Facebook page
- For the entire trail, check The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s trail updates page.
Morristown National Park
- Check the park page for alerts.
Palisades Interstate Park – New Jersey Section
- Check the Palisades Interstate Park site for updates. The right side of the site has each area’s status.
Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park
- Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park Towpath – Check page for updates.
- D & R Canal Park page – also has detailed info on closures
Burlington County Parks
- Check the park’s web site for info.
Middlesex County Parks
- Check the park site for updates.
Monmouth County Parks
Check the pages below for the latest open/closed info:
Morris County Parks
Check the Morris Parks site for current info.
Ocean County Parks
- Check the Parks and Recreation Updates page for the latest info.
Somerset County Parks
Union County Parks
Harriman and Bear Mountain, NY